Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Stuck in the Mud?

It's been raining non-stop, which is good because we really need it. I know the Bay Area is getting drenched; some of my friends are preparing for flooding. My mom dropped by this afternoon and parked on the driveway. To get out she had to reverse her car onto the grass/weed area a little bit. Since it's so saturated her car got completely stuck in the mud. She left it there for some assistance and walked to her place. My dad and Aaron gave it a try a few hours later and couldn't seem to get it unstuck. Then, Damian drove up and told them to just reverse the car backwards right off the grass and onto the driveway. It was simple, but worked beautifully.

This morning I took Nicole and Cameron to the doctor for their yearly check up. The appointments went well, including their shots, but the doctor did suggest keeping an eye on Cameron's speech development. She felt she had a hard time understanding him for his age. The doctor asked if we felt like he was appropriately progressing. It made me think about my efforts as a mother compared to maybe the attention I gave Mary when she was four.Was I 'stuck in the mud' perhaps? Maybe I needed to refocus and reverse to some better parenting efforts from my past?

I think it's time I stop thinking, "My stuck in the mud" is cute enough not to correct.

Definitely something to think about.


0 comments: