Wednesday, December 31, 2014

That's a Wrap

In order to escape some of this freeze we drove to Provo Rec Center to swim indoors. It almost felt like summer. The kids had a great time, and we were lucky enough to meet up with Justin's family who had planned to go there as well. It felt good for them to reunite with their Idiart cousins, who in many ways feel like siblings. 


The water play area was pretty crowded and Aaron and I were keeping a close eye on the kids. My favorite part was watching Noah keep track of Luci and his siblings in the lazy river. He is a very tender caretaker to them. And I love that he thinks to do it on his own. 

Following our time there we stopped off at Grandma Ashton's candy shop and back to Grammie's and Papa Steve's for some more time together and dinner out. Margaret made a delicious treat as we ate as we celebrated the New York time countdown. Nicole couldn't last until 10pm; she was too tuckered out. 

As I think about this wonderful year, I just keep wondering where the time went. I still feel like I never got used to writing 2014 on my checks. Somehow time started moving in warp speed, and I am barely keeping up with it all. I have lots of resolutions that I never accomplished last year. So, I'll probably keep working towards those goals. Again.

The best part of the year for me was found in the daily joys of motherhood. There is no greater blessing. 

Good-bye 2014! You've been a good one.








0 comments: