Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Now

One of my goals this year is to exercise every day...again. I've been trying by doing a workout video here and there or hitting the church aerobics class. I even tried running around our driveway and yard while Cameron played outside. I just can't seem to get it done in the mornings, and I know that by the time the last head hits the pillow at night I am too wiped out. Plus, I hate working out at night. I miss the freedom of running on streets with sidewalks (man I wish my street had sidewalks) whenever I want. I just can't seem to get up early enough to do it before I get the kids ready for school. And then a million things come up and before you know it, it's 10:30 and I am still in my pajamas and tennis shoes.

I read President Uchtdorf's January Ensign article last night. It motivated me this morning to get out and take the kiddos on a bike ride, with me running (slow jogging) by their side. It made me reevaluate my goals and just get to it...NOW!

I've wasted so much time waiting for the perfect time to get it done each day.  But I didn't think, I didn't plan, I just got us bundled up and headed out the door first thing after the big kids left for school. We didn't last long...I should say Cameron didn't last long. But it felt so good. And the beautiful sun was shining so bright...I swear I could have run a marathon today. I'm so grateful that this article came my way and motivated me to just get to it and not dwell on the fact that I've procrastinated this goal a million times for the perfect scenario. At this time in my life, there is no perfect scenario. And since I didn't "plant that tree 20 years ago" the second best time is now.

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

You go girl! You can do it NOW! I loved that article as well. Very inspiring.

Tiffany said...

And if you are ever awake and have had a good nights sleep you are always welcome to join me, Kristi & Jodi at 6 a.m. Tuesday and Thursday at the church. We have fun sweating it out together!