Friday, May 31, 2013

A Nadauld Weekend

Today Aaron and I headed to California to attend the sealing of our newest nephew Kirabo. Aaron's parents and five of his six brothers and wives came for the big event. We got to gorgeous Orinda in the late afternoon, checked into a spa hotel in Lafayette, which is so breathtaking, and hung out together at James and Rebecca's for the evening. We had a little discussion to prepare the children for the sealing and some very wise words from my extraordinary father-in-law, whose birthday is TODAY! Steve has a real gift for the patriarch role. I love watching him speak to the family and counsel together. I could listen to him for hours. Happy Birthday!!!

I find it most amazing to contemplate on the great journey James and Rebecca have had in order to bring Kirabo here. It has been a very bumpy road, and it took a lot of faith, patience, sacrifice, and persistence on the part of each family member. I have also pondered on the great opportunity and blessings Kirabo will now have in this life, especially the gift of the gospel. Just six months ago he was left and forgotten in an overcrowded orphanage. Now he is happy and growing in leaps and bounds. While my heart aches for all the neglected children each time I see pictures of Kirabo's home; I find peace knowing that our Heavenly Father has not, nor will He ever forget, His children. He knows and loves each of us with an infinite love. It's been a beautiful process watching God's hand in this adoption and watching James and his entire family bring so much joy and love into Kirabo's life and he in theirs.

On another note, Mary had her final recital of the school year. Grandma and Grandpa Idiart, who are watching our crew, called to tell us about the great job she did. It is hard being away from our children, I miss them always. But I am so happy and overjoyed to be spending time with Aaron and his wonderful family.


0 comments: