Thursday, May 9, 2013

Tanta Henri

Today is my Tanta Henri's birthday. We stopped by work to bring her a little gift and flower for her beautiful garden. We are so lucky to have her live near us.


I have a lot of wonderful memories of Tanta Henri from my childhood. When my grandpa lived with us, she would come and visit every Sunday.  She would bring treats (usually some yummy chocolate chip cookies or Nestle crunch ice cream bars) and do hair cuts or color pictures. I loved coloring with her. There were always snapshots with her Polaroid camera and for every birthday there were numbered candles she'd bring to top one of her frostingless cakes (which I loved). I always remember running over first thing after church. I am sure she never knew how much her visits with her dad would mean to me.



Happy Birthday to my wonderful aunt.
Love,
One of your little Chickadees

0 comments: