Sunday, November 30, 2014

It's beginning to look a lot like...

Christmas. The tree are up and decorated. The nativity is placed carefully on the mantle, and the stocking are hung. Still a few more decorations to go, but we are nearly there. Cameron was sung to today in Primary. There were a lot of families out of town, so I think it made it easier for him to go up. He went to Grandma's class again today. I probably should start taking him to his own class, but I didn't want to miss out on the fifth Sunday lesson.




Today we spoke about an article in the newspaper that shared some statistics on how religion influences lives explaining various demographics and how people feel religion embraces them. I was surprised by some of it's findings. Most of what we discussed made me feel grateful that man is not in charge of this church. In teaching the Doctrine and Covenants this year it is so clear that God was in the restoration every step of the way, line upon line, and He still is. This is Jesus Christ's church that we belong to and that's why it is structured to meet every individual. This makes sense to me because God is a God of order and has infinite love for all people. It's remarkable looking at the history of the church's organization and presentation of the doctrines from it's small beginnings. I feel such peace knowing that He is in charge.

0 comments: