Friday, November 28, 2014

Staycation Day 1

The kids made a list of activities they wanted to do today on our staycation. I still wasn't feeling well, so I took it easy as best as I could. We left after breakfast to hunt for the perfect Christmas tree. Upon our arrival at the U-Cut I noticed a news reporter from channel 5. She looked like she was scouting for a family to follow and I had a feeling it was going to be us. And it was. So, she followed us along and asked us some questions. I got so wrapped up in everything that I forgot to take pictures while we were tree hunting. But I guess the report on the channel 5 at 6pm was adequate coverage. Boy were the kids happy to be on TV. They called all their cousins and grandparents once we saw it later that evening.

Following our few seconds of fame we ate lunch and went ice skating as a family. Now I had just gone ice skating at Elise's birthday so I knew to get a smaller size shoe and tie them tighter. It helped a lots but it still hurt my feet and shins. By then I really wasn't feeling well so I kind of sat out for a while watching the kids. Luckily we were the last ones to rent a walker. That really helps with the little kiddos. They had a great time and I think we are much better prepared for our trip to Utah this Christmas.

After skating we ate dinner at the new Denny's, which was also on the list of "staycation" activities. We all went to bed at a decent hour and it took the kids just moments to fall asleep. I'm grateful we didn't drive to the Bay Area today. I think I needed a little time to recoup.






0 comments: