Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Bye Bye Binky

I knew it was coming. The moment when the dentist said, "Go ahead and get rid of it". After four cavity free check ups (Wahoo!) and meeting Dr. Dixon, who took the place of our retired dentist (and a fellow BYU alumni I might add) I knew it was time to tell Nikki to let go of the binky she sleeps with at night. Nicole didn't complain. Since the dentist told her she was old enough now, she talked about sleeping with out it all afternoon, perfectly content with the idea of crossing out of little kid land.

Tonight while going to bed (still in the tiny bed in our room..one thing at a time) she went to bed with out it. I told her to pick out a teddy bear to snuggle and after only one small request for the pacifier she dozed off completely free from it's sucking power.

Our Nicole is strong, and I am not surprised in the least that she could do it.


4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Way to go Nikki! It's always easier than we think it will be. . .why do we wait so long?!

Emilee said...

Wahoo! A milestone for mom and daughter. Dr. Dixon was a friend of ours here in TX. They lived here for 1 short year before moving to WA a few months ago. We miss them dearly! Please tell them we say hi!,

Dianna said...

Allison, I LOVE that you're back to blogging! What a great goal. I find myself wanting to comment on just about every post. Your little ones are darling.

allison nadauld said...

Em, He just came from Cedar City I thought...Bren Dixon? He is originally from WA so maybe it's the same guy. His wife's name is Elise and he is super nice.xoxo

Dine, I should say the same thing about you..I love reading your blog and seeing those handsome boys of yours. They really are super gorgeous. I am the lamest friend...happy belated birthday! xoxo

Tiff,
I have no idea. I am just lazy.