Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Happy Birthday Justin!

When I was in college my brother invited all of my friends over to his bachelor apartment for a surprise party. It was for me. I was very shocked because it wasn't my birthday you see. It was just an ordinary day of the week. He called it Allison Day. It was so touching. Everyone who came wrote me notes and he compiled a book of pictures from when we were younger. I still treasure that book and that memory.

I have always looked up to my big brother. I always loved how his bedroom was organized and clean while mine was a floral Laura Ashley mess. I loved how hard he studied for school and always did the right thing. He made life so much easier for me because when the teacher saw my last name on the roll the next year, I was set. Everyone loved Justin. He was popular and clever. He was witty and obedient. He was amazing.

I remember when he returned home from his mission he told me he wanted to concentrate more on strengthening family ties. He seemed to have an advanced perspective on God's great plan and so when he met Tiffany it was a no brainer. He knew his match.

Since then he has filled the role of father and husband so well. I still look up to Justin in the way he teaches a sunday school lesson, serves in the church, and watches and cares for his family. I admire the way he successfully completed his MBA and law degrees. I try hard to follow in his footsteps in the way he never ever gossips, dedicates time to genealogy and is always willing to lend a hand.

Happy Birthday Cheese-thang! You're the best!

xo
your sister


Hope you don't mind this picture. I figure that way we can get a shot of you almost in your full birthday suit. :0)

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

So Sweet! And I love the birthday suit picture! I need a copy of that. I'll make sure Justin reads your kind and touching post! You are a great sister.

Natalie A said...

I love Justin too. He really is the best! Actually you are all an amazing, wonderful family. I am so blessed to be a part of this great family.
Love you too.

Tiffany said...

This is Justin. You are very generous in your praise Allison. I don't remember doing that party so it must have been someone else.