Friday, March 29, 2013

FAMILY...Hit 'Like'

I shy away from sharing my opinions and feelings regarding political, social, and moral issues on facebook. It's not a place for conservatives, and quite honestly I don't believe my opinion would be effective shared in that setting. I like feeling connected with people from my past, but I don't like the debates, the bashing comments, and the criticism and profanity that people often use in their posts. I am still a fan of face to face conversation and of being kind and loving whether in person or behind the computer screen. So, I carfeully choose what I 'like' and what I post and I intentionally stay a little removed from facebook.

But what has surprised me so much lately is the Prop 8 repeal issue. Numerous red squares with two pink lines make me worry for the future of our country and for my children. I have a lot of friends and family who support gay marriage. What makes me the most sad is the number of LDS friends who do. I see that the family is under attack. It is all being done right before my eyes. I find peace in the words of our prophets and in the walls of my home. The Family: A Proclamation to the World, which was read for the first time almost 20 years ago, is truly prophetic.



And, happy birthday to Kelly Nadauld...one of the world's most amazing mothers! xoxo