Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Friendship

There weren't a lot of LDS children where I grew up. There were a few families with children our age who we found great support and strength with. The Vranes family was one of them. I have many wonderful memories with them and I feel blessed to have had such a good LDS family near us.

Rebeka Vranes (Harnois) is the oldest of their six. She and Damian are the same age and I looked up to her so much. She was so kind and so talented and I wanted to be just like her. Last year Beka and her incredible husband and children moved down the road from her brother Matt and his family. That makes two Vranes (Harnois) families and our four Idiart (Nadauld) families. Our children are experiencing the same support that we did just one generation ago.

Today I got to hang out a bit with Beka while she organized a very huge and very complicated assignment for church...the youth auction fundraiser for the year. It's a big job, but Beka is so capable I am sure it will be a fabulous event. While she worked we got to play a bit with her kids. Here is a little snapshot of Cameron and Ike. I think there are a lot of great friendships developing.


1 comments:

Dianna said...

I remember you hanging out with the Vranes. Such a small world because some of our really good friends here are friends with one of the Vranes boys. We all really are connected!