Monday, April 8, 2013

My Noah

I see the importance of children building relationships with both mother and father, male and female. They are all equally important and equally unique and I can see how they impact our future relationships. Today, as I watched Noah play soccer I thought on our special bond. It is hard to describe in words, but I know there exists something very wonderful between a mother and her young son.

I love the way Noah gives me gigantic hugs and lots of snuggles. I love the way he plays with my hair and makes me laugh. I love the way he tries to please me and showers me with attention. I love how he is convinced that I should buy the perfect hair bun he saw on a TV infomercial because "it will make my hair look so pretty". I love thinking back to the time when, just after Cameron was born and I was recovering, he would let me scratch his back and he'd fall asleep nestled next to me.

I am sure one day that he will leave me and cleave to a young woman of his choice. And that is how it is supposed to be. But for now, I will enjoy each moment as the lucky lady in his life.


0 comments: