Sunday, April 28, 2013

Seven Heavenly Years

Seven years ago today Mary entered our family and our hearts. It marked the beginning of a new life for her and for me, as a mother.

It was a Friday morning when I went in for my 37 week check up. Aaron came with me since he had just finished his last finals at BYU. I can still see the pause in Dr. Lawrence's face as we were leaving the door following the routine appointment. It was as if a thought to do an ultrasound just popped in her head. We were super excited to see a picture of Mary again. Dr. Lawrence grew quiet as she was checking the monitor and started to explain that for whatever reason there was no fluid protecting her. Mary needed to be delivered...right away. Scared and surprised we went next door to the hospital for induction. Twelve hours later we ended up having a c-section to deliver a strong little Mary with huge beautiful eyes that immediately  entranced us forever. A couple of weeks in the NICU for underdeveloped lungs and several skilled doctors later, we got to take her home.  I am grateful each day that Heavenly Father blessed us with such a loving and obedient daughter. I am so very thankful for the inspired doctors who saved our little girl. God's hand was in her delivery, that I know.

After Mary's favorite meal of Grandma's chicken noodle soup, salad, Grammie's homemade rolls, and fruit we surprised Mary with a group family gift...all the Grandparents, Tanta Henri, and the Idiart aunts and uncles pitched in and got her a kindle fire. Thirteen cousins and siblings kept it a secret for over a month. Since she knew about it's existence, I told Mary that if she asked about what the present was I would return it. Not a peep came out of her mouth and she was very patient. She was shocked and excited; it was a very memorable gift and she is already sharing it with everyone.

What an angel girl.



0 comments: