Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The Auction

Well, we had our ward youth auction tonight. It was a fun and exciting event. The last couple years while I was serving in Young Womens I had some assignments during the auction. It was so enjoyable just sitting back and relaxing, especially since my mom babysat an all too tired Nicole and the other kids at our house. They were given the option of playing at the church with all their friends and cousins or playing with Grandma at home and it was a no brainer. Grandma trumps all.

I heard we earned about $5500. There was so much time and energy donated from everyone in the ward...from the donors to the bidders. It was great. We got to take home some yummy baked goods and beaded necklaces for the kids. Aaron got the zoom teeth whitening package that we've been out bid on a number of times in the past. I got some homemade bread from Damian for the next year, that's right fresh homemade bread every week on my doorstep for one year! I'm excited about that since he makes some delicious stuff and delivery will be pretty easy.

We are a blessed people. And I am very grateful.

0 comments: