Monday, February 4, 2013

Flat Porter

Flat Stanley has made his way out of his envelope and into our homes again. This time my adorable nephew Porter sent us this super cool Stanley with all his Nike gear. He knows what's cool. Because we are such a small town, we have to be creative in what we do with Stanley. The majority of Southern Oregon's highlights are outdoors, since we usually get Stanley in January and February we always take a trip to visit Harry and David, our best known company (which I didn't know existed until we moved here). Porter's teacher had a really cool report form and I am actually learning a lot about Oregon that I didn't know.

Each time I host Stanley I think about this area we live in. Growing up in the Bay Area means there was always a lot of great tourist stops, beautiful weather and scenery, and a lot of diversity and culture. I miss city (suburban) living. I think I always will. But then I think on the slower pace life here, the lack of worldliness, the zero traffic and I realize how very happy I am.




1 comments:

Aaron and Emily said...

Is it strange that Flat Stanley has never visited us?