Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Love

There has only been one true love in my life and I was blessed to become engaged to him nine years ago next week (we didn't want to get engaged actually on Valentine's day because that would be too cheesy).

The night we became engaged I knew it was happening. I remember getting ready, trying to look my prettiest, and trying to stay cool and hold back the smiles that kept creeping up on my face. Aaron's give away was that he kept calling me with so many details of the night's plans. He had said we were going to meet some of his friends for a little group date at their seriously gorgeous cabin in Midway (Oh, how I love that cabin!). It wasn't unusual that he was planning a nice date or that we were having it there. It was unusual that he was giving me the play by play over the phone hours before he picked me up. So when we arrived at the cabin, I was not surprised that they "weren't there yet" and that he had to find the "spare key" that they told him to get "just in case they were late".

When I walked in the door the real surprises began. The room was filled with gorgeous red and white roses and tons of candles. I have no idea how he lit them all so fast when he unlocked the door. It was all breathtaking. He pulled out my favorite meal from the trunk of his car (Panda Express, sad I know) and displayed it beautifully at a romantic table setting for two. It was a gorgeous night. He even thought to have my family in Oregon send a congratulatory video after he proposed...all I remember was Christine doing some of her awesome cheerleader moves behind the table of the office It was so loving and so touching and one of the most tender and magical nights of my life.

Even after nine years the kindness and thoughtfulness continues. I am very grateful that he chose me. And each day, when I think it isn't possible, I find myself falling in love with him even more.

Happy Valentine's Day Husband. Love forever, Wife. xoxo


Notice my hand in the bottom picture? It looks like I am clawing him...well, I am a cougar you know (And I'm not talking about BYU)?

1 comments:

It's The Story said...

love this, how romantic!