Friday, February 1, 2013

Thank Goodness It's Friday!

Friday was always my favorite day growing up, the night and next day empty of almost all responsibility, where sleep and leisure took precedence..no homework, no tests, no early morning classes. When I taught school, it was the same...no lesson plans, no grading, no running around trying to coral 30 high energy children together. And if I did have school work I could do it later on Saturday or at home at a slower pace.

Even now it remains the day that brings a smile to my face...especially at 5 o'clock when I know Aaron is on his way home and we have a whole weekend and perhaps a date night ahead of us.

Today, while his sweetheart was out of town, Damian offered to take all the cousins and neighborhood friends to McDonalds for dinner, a basketball game, and home afterwards for a very huge and very exciting sleepover.  He took all four of our kids while Aaron and I headed out to dinner. I got to order fish, something that no one else really enjoys having at home. And we could chat and enjoy the peaceful conversation void of all distractions.

This sleepover was a first because Nicole got to stay over this time. She kept telling me after our many convesations earlier in the day the she would make sure to close her eyes at Damian's. Noah fell asleep quickly in the room filled with boys and their stinky gym socks. Mary came home to her bed, but plans on heading back first thing in the morning. Cameron went to his crib happily and easily after a fun filled night with cousins and their awesome Uncle.

I am very grateful to have Damian as a brother and so very lucky to live next door to him. As the kids returned from the game and were getting ready for bed they kept shouting, "Uncle Damian is the best uncle EVER!" And that, he is.



0 comments: