Friday, September 6, 2013

Grandpas and Birdies Nests

Noah: I can't wait until I am a Grandpa.
Me: Why?
Noah: Because then I can watch TV all day and eat whatever I want.
Me: (perplexed) Why would you say that? Both your grandpas don't do that.
Noah: Ya...but I think it would be so cool to be old and lazy.
Me: It does sound like a good deal.

Our kids have been regressing in the sleeping department. They seem to all make their way downstairs for one reason or another lately...bad dream, cough, sore legs, you name it. Thanks to my in-laws' brilliant idea we make little birdies nests on the floor for them to sleep. It looks pretty comfortable if you ask me and the name is so sweet and inviting that the kids think they're getting something special besides a night on the hard floor. And they'll sleep there, instead of our bed, as long as you aren't too old and lazy to set it up for them. Tonight we built the nest before putting them to sleep to save ourselves some delirious bed rearranging. Aaahh! The joys of sleep deprivation, I mean, parenting.

I think Grandpa looks pretty happy.


0 comments: