Monday, September 30, 2013

Mommy to the Rescue!

Last night Nicole fell victim to the flu. I spent the night with her brave little spirit cleaning and catching vomit. Nicole is a tough cookie. She never complained and she was so happy to just be together even in these not so fun circumstances. She was a real trooper.

I had planned on getting my hair done in the morning. I couldn't bring the kids to Christine's anymore, and I couldn't reschedule my appointment with family pictures just a few days away. So, I called my already contaminated mother who came to my rescue. I LOVED that she stayed for a bit afterwards so we could talk and I could vent about my challenges with motherhood (and sanity--they're related). She was patient and loving and I couldn't help but hope that my girls and I will have that same kind of special bond one day.

Aaron took the two fakies out to see Emma's soccer game after family night, since they ditched school today and were a little wound up from being home. Don't worry, once I realized what was going on I had them do some chores and school work at home. I put the smalls to sleep and dozed off myself on my dreamy rocker.

I hope tonight no one else wakes up sick. Why do children only throw up in the middle of the night? I don't like the 2-3am vomiting start time. It makes for a really long day!




0 comments: