Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Jumping for JOY SCHOOL!

Every Sunday I try and take Nicole to Sunbeams and every Sunday she cries and needs me to stay with her. The last two Sundays I kept her with me in my class since they called an assistant for our fantastic Sunbeam teacher and three teachers for five kids feels a little funny. For this reason, I was nervous that joy school would be stressful for her. So I prepped her all week, explaining that I couldn't stay while she was there, but that I would be at the door as soon as it was over. If there was an emergency Erin could call me and we discussed every scenario we could think of. We also had a little planning meeting at the first little boy's home last week, and I think that really helped her feel more confident when she went there again today.

Surprisingly, she did splendidly well and never looked back. She was joyful to go, joyful  to participate, and the first thing she said when I picked her up was that she was overjoyed to go again, guess that's appropriate given it's name.

I am ecstatic that her first experience was so positive and that she feels like such a big girl,...because...sniff, sniff....she just might...sniff, sniff.... be one...sniff, sniff. Love this girl!



0 comments: